Original work by Khawer Amir Khan
- Like conventional Islamism, Sexy Islamism is a political ideology that holds that Islam is not only a religion but also a political and economic system. In addition to this, Sexy Islamism is also a genre of rock music and a fashion aesthetic.
- Sexy Islamism is noted for its use of Fashion and Pop Icons (such as Ali Azmat and Maria B.) to propagate its Islamist message. A prephiery of minor fashionistas and MTV VJs are increasingly become Sexy Islamists.
- According to leading Sexy Islamism theorist Anas Abbas, Syed Zaid Zaman Hamid is a leading pioneer of Sexy Islamism.
Quotes on Sexy Islamism:
- “I am with Zaid Hamid because he does not stop me from anything.” Maria B. on Sexy Islamism
- “The revolution will be right back after these messages from our sponsors.” Ali Azmat on his show ‘Iqbal ka Pakistan’
- “Political Parties are not allowed in Islam” MTV Pakistan VJ Faizan-ul-Haq, ‘Wake Up Pakistan’ Karachi edition
- “I’ve never met an Islamist I didn’t find sexy! Or a goat, for that matter.” Osama Bin Ladin